By SDCN Staff
San Diego, CA–Looking for work in the U.S. Postal Service?
The Postal Service will conduct a one-day hiring blitz for mail carriers and clerks at 19 post offices across San Diego County from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Tuesday.
The available postal positions, which offer starting pay from $18.92 to $19.12 an hour, are great opportunities for anyone seeking fast-paced, rewarding work environments with good pay, and are a first step that could lead to long-term careers in the Postal Service.
“As outlined in our USPS Delivering for America plan, we’re modernizing and continually adapting to the changing needs of our customers,” said USPS San Diego Human Resources Manager Carol Capone. “In order to do that, we need motivated, dedicated people to join us to deliver for our local communities and our nation.”
The 19 postal facilities that will host job fairs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Aug. 16 are Carlsbad, Chula Vista, Downtown San Diego, El Cajon, Encanto, Encinitas, Escondido, Grantville, La Jolla, La Mesa, Linda Vista, Midway, Oceanside, Pacific Beach, Pala Vista, Rancho Bernardo, Riverfront, San Marcos, and Santee.
- USPS employment requirements include the following:
- Must be 18 years old at the time of appointment or 16 years old with a high school diploma.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check, drug screening, and medical assessment.
- Must be a United States citizen, permanent resident, or citizen of American Samoa or other U.S. Territory.
- Must provide recent employment history.
- Must have a safe driving record (if applicable to the position).
Those unable to attend the job fairs can apply online at www.usps.com/careers.