OCEANSIDE–The North County Transit District is launching Phase 3 of the Mobility Plan on June 24. The changes include minor route realignments and scheduling adjustments to the Breeze bus route system.
The goal of the multi-phased Mobility Plan is to improve service on the area’s most heavily traveled routes. The plan was developed through significant research, customer surveys, community outreach, and planning. The first phase of route changes occurred in August 2011.
A route-by-route breakdown of the changes can be found on NCTD’s web site, GoNCTD.com. Highlights include:
· New route FLEX 374 – This demand-response service will be implemented in areas of Encinitas and Solana Beach. It will operate between 4:30 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. weekdays. Route 101 will be extended to a new terminal on University Center Drive north of Nobel Drive.
· Route 354 eastbound will be rerouted to serve east of Midway Drive/Washington to Citrus. Westbound to service Glenridge
Drive to Bear Valley Parkway.
· Routes 351-352 and 358-359 will be rerouted traveling north.
NCTD has provided the following resources to help customers plan their new trips on the Breeze bus routes:
– Visit www.gonctd.com/mobility-plan-2012-phase-3 for new schedules and comparisons.
– Find new route mini-guides available in transit centers now and on board buses.
– Call 1-855-BUS-NCTD.