OCEANSIDE–The North County Transit District will enact significant changes to BREEZE bus routes beginning Sunday in efforts to improve service on the area’s most heavily-traveled routes.
The changes come in the first phase of the Mobility Plan, which was developed through extensive research, customer surveys, and planning.
More than half of NCTD’s BREEZE bus routes will be altered with the goal to create less waiting time and better connections. In addition, NCTD is launching three new routes and four FLEX services by reservation.
The curb-to-curb FLEX service in Ramona and Southwest Carlsbad allow customers to call 30 minutes in advance to reserve a ride anywhere within the zone. Two other FLEX services in Ramona offer scheduled rides to Escondido. FLEX fares are $5-10, and half-price for seniors and customers with disabilities.
Other new features of the BREEZE system include:
· A Camp Pendleton bus connection to the SPRINTER. – Route 317
· Better service to Poinsettia COASTER station. – Routes 444/445, 446, SW Carlsbad FLEX
· Improved routes to Vista Business Park. – Route 332 from Buena Creek SPRINTER station
NCTD has provided the following resources to help customers plan their new trips on the BREEZE bus routes:
· Visit GoNCTD.com/MobilityPlan2011 for new schedules.
· Find new route Mini-Guides in buses and transit centers.
· Call 1-855-Bus-NCTD.