SAN DIEGO–More free Tdap booster clinics have been scheduled in a cooperative effort between the San Diego Unified and the County of San Diego Health and Human Services Agencies. A new state law requires all students in grades 7-12 to show proof of having received the pertussis (whooping cough) booster shot, or Tdap, in order to enroll in school.
October 6 is the deadline for parents to comply with the law and provide proof of immunization to their child¹s school.
The clinics are open to the public and the Tdap vaccine is free. Children under 18 years must be accompanied by parent/guardian to give consent.
The dates and locations are:
* 2:30-6 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 27, faculty lounge, Serra High School, 5156 Santo Road.
* 2-6 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 29, library, Patrick Henry High School, 6702 Wandermere Drive.
Tdap booster shots will be available at the following locations to any San Diego Unified School District student who meets eligibility for Vaccines for Children program. hese are generally students who qualify for the Child Health and Disability Prevention Act and MediCal. Students with private insurance or Healthy Families coverage generally do not qualify for Vaccines for Children, but ask at the session.
* 2-4 p.m. Monday, Sept. 26, Wilson Middle School, 3838 Orange Ave.
* 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 27, Mann Middle School, 4345 54th St.
* 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 28, Roosevelt Middle School, 3366 Park Blvd.
* 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Thursday and Friday, Sept. 29 and 30, Lincoln High School, 4777 Imperial Ave.
For more information on immunizations, pertussis and the Tdap booster, see the County Health and Human Services website at www.sdiz.com. In addition, immunization clinics scheduled at San Diego Unified School District sites are posted at www.sandi.net/tdap.