SAN DIEGO–SDG&E could shutoff power to over 41,000 San Diego county residents in high fire risk areas due to strong Santa Ana winds this week.
The National Weather Service issued a Red Flag warning for San Diego county mountains and valleys for 11 p.m. Tuesday through 6 p.m. Thursday. They also issued a High Wind warning for inland areas of both San Diego and Orange counties for 11 p.m. Tuesday through 6 p.m. Thursday. In isolated regions, winds up to 80 mph are expected for San Diego county and inland Orange county.
About 33,000 customers were notified on Monday of the potential power outages. On Tuesday, an additional 8,000 customers were notified.
To support impacted customers, SDG&E will open seven community resource centers and two community information centers on Tuesday. All centers, except for the Julian location, will have ice, as well as a water truck for livestock. At these facilities, residents can also get snacks and up-to-date information, and charge their phone. The centers will provide information only.
Community resource centers: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
· Descanso Branch Library: 9545 River Dr, Descanso, CA 91916
· Whispering Winds Catholic Camp: 17606 Harrison Park Road, Julian, CA 92036
· Potrero Community Center: 24550 Hwy 94, Potrero, CA 91963
· Pine Valley Improvement Club: 28890 Old Highway 80, Pine Valley, CA 91962
· Dulzura Community Center: 1136 Community Building Road, Dulzura, CA 91917
· Warner Springs Resource Center: 30950 CA-79, Warner Springs, CA 92086
· Lake Morena Community Church: 29765 Oak Drive, Campo, CA 91906
Community Information Centers: 9:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
· Ramona Branch Library, 1275 Main Street, Ramona, CA 92065
· Valley Center Branch Library, 29200 Cole Grade Road, Valley, Center CA 92082
SDG&E projects the following communities could potentially be affected by safety power shutoffs:
Alpine, Boulevard, Campo, Descanso, Dulzura, El Cajon, Encinitas, Escondido, Jacumba, Jamul, Julian, Lakeside, Mount Laguna, Pala, Palomar Mountain, Pauma Valley, Pine Valley, Potrero, Poway, Ramona, Ranchita, Rancho Santa Fe, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, San Marcos, Santa Ysabel, Valley Center, and Warner Springs.