Wave Academy is responding to the COVID-19 pandemic by commemorating the Month of Mental Health and Mental Health Awareness Week, with the Raise 4 The Brave online campaign.
The campaign highlights the pandemic’s impact on the San Diego military and veteran community.
The event is hosted by Wave Academy, a non-profit organization that provides warm-water therapy to active duty military and veterans who have post-traumatic stress.
Due to COVID-19, veterans with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) may experience amplified symptoms of depression and isolation. Wave Academy’s fundraising goal of $50,000 will provide funding for 250 sessions of our healing aquatic therapy. Wave Academy’s therapeutic program has been credited with relieving veteran’s PTSD symptoms and promoting mindfulness, personal wellness, and resilience. All campaign donations will be matched by the Yontz Valor Foundation up to our $50,000 goal.
The RAISE 4 THE BRAVE Campaign will feature:
- May 18 – 24; Mental Health Awareness Week Campaign Spotlight
- Dynamic webpage with interactive fundraising goals
- Client Representatives with feature stories, video greeting, and impactful information
- Information regarding Mental Health Month and its relation to San Diego veterans
- “Did You Know” facts about Mental Health, Wave Academy, and local history
- Donor stories, videos, and correspondence
Wave Academy’s research-backed program provides eight sessions of warm water therapy with a certified practitioner. Wave Academy is the only non-profit in the nation that is dedicated to healing veterans, active-duty military, and their caregivers through warm water therapy.
The recipients of Wave Academy’s therapy have reported an average 22 percent decrease in symptoms stemming from their post-traumatic stress.