Oceanside, CA–The Oceanside Police Department is taking proactive measures to suppress organized retail crime by partnering with local retailers throughout the holiday season.
Oceanside police have heightened presence surrounding local businesses to keep the public safe during the influx of holiday shopping traffic. Undercover and uniformed officers will provide extra patrol in busy retail parking lots and stores to prevent theft.
Shoppers can reduce the likelihood of becoming a victim of crime:
– Do not leave any valuables in your vehicle.
– If you must store items in your car, always keep them out of plain view.
– Secure items in the trunk or covered cargo areas of your vehicle prior to reaching your destination.
– If you bring shopping bags back to your vehicle and wish to continue shopping, move your car to another parking space.
– Park in well-traveled and well-lit areas.
– Always secure your windows, doors and set your alarm.
– Have car keys in hand before exiting stores.
If there is a possibility that a crime is in progress, notify the Oceanside Police Department by calling (760) 435-4900 or dial 9-1-1 for emergency response.