OCEANSIDE–The North County Transit District is launching Phase 2 of the Mobility Plan Mar. 11, which will significantly change the Breeze bus route system.
The goal of the Mobility Plan is to improve service on the area’s most heavily traveled routes, creating less waiting time and better connections. The plan, started in 2010, was developed through significant research, customer surveys and community outreach. The first phase of route changes was enacted August 2011.
In this second phase, more than half of NCTD’s Breeze bus routes will be altered and three new routes are launching.
A route-by-route breakdown of the changes can be found on the Mobility Plan 2012 web page. Highlights include:
· New route 353 – Connects Nordahl Sprinter station, both campuses of Palomar Medical Center, Stone World Bistro, and Escondido Transit Center.
· Escondido – Speedier downtown routing, and route 355-357 now serves El Norte Parkway east of Broadway.
· Town Center North – Express trips to/from Oceanside Transit Center now run on route 313.
· Mira Costa College and Tri-City Medical Center – Major increase in the number of trips serving these locations.
· Vista – New Saturday service on route 318.
· Southwest Carlsbad – FLEX 373 on-demand shuttles zone will expand south to La Costa Avenue between Carlsbad Boulevard and El Camino Real.
NCTD has provided the following resources to help customers plan their new trips on the Breeze bus routes:
· Visit GoNCTD.com/Mobility-Plan-2012 for new schedules and comparisons.
· Find new route Mini-Guides available in transit centers now and on board buses starting Mar. 4.
· Call 1-855-BUS-NCTD.
The North County Transit District is a public transportation agency providing 11.5 million passenger trips annually throughout North San Diego County and into downtown San Diego. NCTD’s system includes Breeze buses, Coaster commuter trains, Sprinter light rail trains, Lift paratransit service, and Flex on-demand service. NCTD’s mission is to deliver safe, convenient, reliable and user-friendly public transportation services.