SAN DIEGO–fit-2gether.com, the start-up fitness social network that connects individuals who are pursuing an active and healthy lifestyle for free, just received its 3,000th registration. Dedicated to creating a free community with the right tools to help members accomplish their fitness goals, fit-2gether.com officially launched in June of 2009 and has been rapidly gaining momentum among fitness professionals and the online active lifestyle crowd.
“Just like the economy is out of shape, so are an increasing number of people who find themselves unable to pay for gym memberships or simply lacking motivation to exercise, “ said Scott Bowen, CEO and founder of fit-2gether, Inc. “Thousands of people are finding that the solution lies in getting fit together rather than alone. fit-2gether.com makes sure that no one has to work out alone and members can tap into our health and fitness professionals for advice. The professionals also benefit and are gaining new clientele through networking and marketing themselves in a personal, relevant way.”
· Member profiles: List favorite sports, hobbies and interests and communicate directly with other members via private message or on other profiles
· Search: Find a trainer, nutritionist, physical therapist, athlete or other members
· Blogs: Post blogs to share information and experiences
· Fit-talk: Ask questions, get advice, or find locals, groups, or teams to work out with
· Fitness groups: Join or create groups focused on a specific sport, event, interest, etc.
· Upcoming events: Post events for free, from marathons and tournaments to classes and seminars, to get fitness buffs involved in new activities
· Live chat rooms: Converse with other members. Rooms are based on geographic location.
Instead of connecting members with their past, fit-2gether.com introduces members to future friends in the form of a fitness trainer, activities partner, lifting buddy, sports team, or healing arts professional to encourage and support an active lifestyle.
For more information, or to create a free profile, visit http://www.fit-2gether.com.