By Ragna Cook
SAN DIEGO–Even if you don’t have a pass to Comic Con this weekend, there’s still a few fun things you can do around the Convention Center! Here’s a partial list:
* Visit the Batcave! All the Batmobiles from the TV series and films are on display in front of the Hilton Bayfront.
* Go take a trip through a pet cemetery. HGTV has the Electrifying Garden in honor of the movie Frankenweenie at the Hilton Gaslamp Lawn.
* Watch a competition. The Dodge Dart Challenge is taking place at 5th Avenue and J Street Saturday 10 AM – 1 PM, with free Kona Ice from 11 AM to 1 PM.
* Get your photo taken with props from some upcoming movies! Yahoo Movieline is up at 520 5th Avenue and you can hold prop guns used in “The Expendables 2” among other things.
* Learn more about the NBC show Grimm by visiting the trailer with actual props from the show, and follow it up with a trip through the forest right next to the Gaslamp Quarter trolley station
* The Nintendo Lounge is in full swing at the Marriot! Go to the Ballroom and play upcoming games from Nintendo.
* Visit the ShiftyLook Freeplay Arcade & Stage on the Hilton Gaslamp Terrace. There are retro arcade games plus tournaments & live music from DJs.