OCEANSIDE–Oceanside Cultural Arts Foundation’s John Steiger Performing Arts Scholarships are available to North County graduating high school seniors.
The annual award is given to students based upon their experience and contributions to their performing arts program, and a teacher recommendation. This year’s selected students can receive $750.00 to $900.00 to further their arts education.
To be considered for this award, candidates must submit a 1 to 2 page typed application, which includes the following information:
- Name, current telephone number, and mailing address
- High school coursework in the performing arts, including current and completed
- Additional outside or extracurricular performing arts experience
- Future educational and career goals
- How this scholarship would benefit and/or assist you
- Why this scholarship should be awarded to you
Additionally, applicants must include a Letter of Recommendation from their high school performing arts instructor, and a video tape (VHS, DVD, or V-CD) or audio CD of their performance. This recording should be no longer than 5 minutes, and should showcase their best efforts. Do not use YouTube, as the distortion will not show performers to their best advantage.
Deadline for Spring 2010 Application is Monday, April 19. Students may submit their Scholarship package to Oceanside Cultural Arts Foundation, PO Box 3054, Oceanside, CA, 92051. Be advised that receiving this scholarship might affect eligibility for other sources of financial aid. For further information email to email@example.com Website: http://www.ocaf.info/