CARLSBAD–The Carlsbad Police Senior Volunteers are looking for academy applicants. The two-week academy begins January 31, 2011.
Applicants must be 55 or older, a U.S. citizen in good health, with a valid CA driver’s license and a good driving record. Volunteers must pass a background check. They need not be Carlsbad residents. There is no fee for the classes, and uniforms are supplied free of charge.
- Volunteer patrol members help with duties such as:
- Traffic control
- Visits and calls to homebound seniors
- Handicapped parking enforcement
- Leading tours of the police station
- Foot patrols at beaches & shopping centers
- Assistance at events like Carlsbad Marathon
Duty schedules are flexible and members are asked to volunteer 24 hours per month, generally one shift per week.
For more information or to receive an application, call Carlsbad Police Department’s senior volunteer patrol at (760) 931-2214 or e-mail email@example.com.