SAN DIEGO–San Diego’s top chefs will pair up with local breweries and wineries for the ultimate culinary competition.
The April 13 fundraising event, “Pairings with a Purpose,” benefits Feeding San Diego, the leading hunger-relief organization in San Diego. The fourth annual event will be held at Bobby Riggs Tennis Club and Museum in scenic Encinitas and features exclusive tastings, a performance by New Orleans band Cowboy Mouth, games and one-of-a-kind auction items. Ages 21 and over only.
Currently, nearly half a million San Diego residents, including 1 in 6 children, struggle with hunger. Feeding San Diego serves more than 63,000 children, seniors, and adults facing hunger every week through a comprehensive network of neighborhood partners, direct service sites, and school programs. 100 percent of event proceeds benefit Feeding San Diego and its critical hunger-relief initiatives. Through a highly efficient distribution model focused on reducing food waste, every dollar donated helps provide four meals to people in need.
- Angelo Sosa of Death by Tequila
- Barry Layne of Coast Catering
- Christine Rivera of Galaxy Taco
- David Becerra of Bang Bang
- Gunnar Planter of Viewpoint Brewery
- Jason Gethin of Bankers Hill Bar & Restaurant
- Jason Knibb and and Rocio Sisogurriaran of NINE-TEN Restaurant and Bar
- Jessica Scott of Puesto
- Joe Leon Guerrero of Great Maple UTC
- Joseph Serra of Buona Forchetta
- Laura Laughinbaugh of Duck Donuts
- Luciela Garcia of El Nopalito
- Mike Cusey of Blue Ribbon Pizza and The Craftsman Tavern
- Paul Niles of Jake’s Del Mar
- Robert Rodriguez of Brigantine
- Ronnie Schwandt of Maretalia
- Steven Molina of Flower Child
- Tommy “Fishmonger” Gomes and Karen Barnett of Catalina Offshore Products and Small Bar
- Tyler Mars of Moonage Food Co.
General admission tickets are $75 per person. VIP tickets are $150 per person and include early access to event and a meet and greet with the chefs. To purchase tickets, visit feedingsandiego.org/pairings.